Thursday, August 19, 2010

The beginning of Zoey's Bicycle Harness/Vest

Zoey has already chewed up her harness ( actually Amber's harness) once. I stitched it back together. I've been taking her on the bicycle, she is a very high energy dog and needs an outlet for it. I wanted to make sure she's visible to motorists when we eventually venture onto more traveled roads.  So I'm making her a high vis safety vest/harness.

Here is what I've completed so far, some nice heavy 600D Neon green fabric ( which I will back with a taffeta type fabric), two stripes of reflective tape on each side, and a nylon stap on the top to hold the D ring for the tether.  It will be held on her by nylon webbing and metal slide lock buckles, I don't trust plastic ones. I might even fit a handle on the top, but we'll see, it's pretty small.


No comments: